This is the first text that satisfies the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity’s (AHDI) model curriculum requirement for technology. As you advance through the text you’ll be introduced to the essential hardware, software and technology that all medical transcriptionists should know and may be required to use on the job. Note only will you learn ned concepts and applications, you’ll also discover techniques to improve your accuracy and productivity. Moreover, the concepts you learn will help you quickly adapt to future technology as it is developed.
- Learning the basics of the personal computer, including hardware and software
- Customizing Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Keyboarding shortcuts for increased productivity
- Performing computer maintenance
- Ensuring computer and data security
- Using network and wireless connections
- Executing effective internet searches
- Using text expanders and word processing features for increased productivity
Because technology changes so rapidly, topics that undergo major changes over the life of this edition are updated on the text’s companion website.