Total Time: Prep 30 min. + chilling
Makes: 16 servings
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 sliced jalapenos
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Prepare and bake cornbread mix according to package directions, using an 8-in. square baking dish. Crumble when cool.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing mix until blended. In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, peppers and 1/2 cup green onions.
- In a 3-qt. glass bowl, layer half of each: cornbread, beans, tomato mixture, cheese, bacon, corn and dressing. Repeat layers. Top with remaining green onions. Refrigerate 3 hours.
3/4 cup: 367 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
May 7, 2019