Recipe by Vera Z. for Oh My Goodness Chocolate Desserts
The Fourth of July is just around the corner! Summer is the perfect time for enjoying light and refreshing treats.
Don’t try kidding yourself, we all love desserts. However no one is willing to heat up the oven when it’s 90 degrees outside. So why not make a recipe without the the oven heat? No bake desserts can be just as delicious as traditional oven-baked treats.
Now let’s talk layers:
- The first layer is red velvet at the bottom with graham cracker crust and strawberry jam.
- The second is a white cheesecake layer with some fresh strawberries.
- Next, the dark blue layer is a blueberry jello salad. It’s a mixture of blueberry pie filling, crushed pineapple and gelatin.
- Finally , the top layer is just a simple whipped cream garnished with a lot of fresh strawberries and blueberries, drizzled with white chocolate.
The Fourth of July is the perfect excuse to try a new no bake Summer Berry Lasagna dessert. It’s simple to make and doesn’t take much of active prep time. It’s best to make a day before serving because it needs 5-6 hours to set.
For Whipped Cream:
- 1 and 2/3 cup heavy cream-chilled
- about 1/3 cup powdered sugar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Red Velvet Crust:
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- ½ cup+ 2 tablespoons unsalted butter-melted
- Red gel food coloring
For Cheesecake Layer:
- ½ cup unsalted butter-softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of whipped cream
For Blueberry Jello Salad Layer:
- 2 (3 oz.pckg) berry blue Jello (or other flavor to your taste)
- 1 and 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups blueberry pie filling
- 1 cup of canned crushed pineapple-drained from juice (if use pineapple chunks, pulse it in a food processor to get fine crushed pieces)
- 2 ½ cups whipped cream
- Fresh strawberries halved
- Fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
To make the crust:
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, strawberry jam, melted butter and red food coloring( drop the color directly in melted butter or jam, it will dissolve better).
- Mix until evenly moistened. Press the mixture in the bottom of 13 x 9 x 2 inch dish. Place the crust in the freezer to firm.
- First, make the whipped cream. In a bowl beat chilled heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and continue mixing until really STIFF peaks form. Measure out 1 cup of beaten whipped cream for cheesecake layer. Cover remaining whipped cream and reserve for topping.
- To make cheesecake layer cream together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and softened butter. Mix in 1 cup of whipped cream(do not use soft whipped cream, cheesecake filling have to be thick or it won’t hold dense blueberry jello salad layer on top)
- Gently fold in diced strawberries and spread over the crust. Place in the fridge to set.
- To make the blueberry jello salad layer in a large bowl place 6 oz. berry blue Jello gelatin mixture. Pour 1 ¼ cup boiling water and stir for a few minutes until the gelatin dissolved completely. Set aside to cool for 15-20 minutes, then stir in crushed pineapple and blueberry pie filling. Wait until it’s cooled to room temperature and soft set, or place in the fridge to speed the process but stir from time to time.
- Spread blueberry jello layer over chilled cheesecake layer. Do not pour warm blueberry jello over cheesecake layer, it will melt it.
- Place in the fridge to chill until jello layer is set completely .
- Top with remaining whipped cream. Before serving arrange fresh berries on top. Melt white chocolate chips, transfer melted chocolate to a ziplock bag, cut off the corner and drizzle over the top of lasagna.
- Store in the fridge.
June 25, 2018