This creamy, cheesy tuna casserole is packed with extra veggies, and ready in just 30 minutes!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 4 portions
- 1/2 pound short cut pasta such as Barilla Plus Farfalle
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 jar prepared alfredo sauce
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese divided
- 2 cans water packed tuna
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Cut cauliflower into small bite-sized florets. Once water comes to rolling boil, salt water and stir in pasta. Cook 3 minutes and then pour in cauliflower pieces. Cook until pasta is al dente and cauliflower is soft. Drain and set aside.
- In same pot over medium heat, saute onion in olive oil until soft, 5 minutes. Sprinkle in salt and pepper. Pour in alfredo sauce. Pour milk into jar of alfredo sauce, replace lid and shake to remove any excess. Uncap and pour into pot. Sprinkle 2 cups of cheese into sauce and stir until cheese has melted and sauce is smooth.
- Pour in cooked pasta, cauliflower and frozen peas. Stir until everything is well mixed and coated in sauce. Splash in a little milk if sauce seems to thick. Smooth the top and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Remove from heat and cover to melt cheese OR stick pot under hot broiler for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly. Serve hot.
April 3, 2020