By Alyssa for The Recipe Critic
Grilled California Avocado Chicken marinates in an amazing honey garlic balsamic sauce and is grilled to perfection! It is topped with a thick slice of mozzarella cheese and avocados, tomatoes and basil. This chicken is INCREDIBLE!!
First of all, this chicken marinates in a honey garlic balsamic sauce. I mean who doesn’t love that flavor combination? It marinates to perfection and honestly grills to tender and juicy perfection! The flavor is absolutely unreal in this chicken.
And just when you think that it can’t possibly get any better, you top it with a thick slice of mozzarella cheese when it comes off of the grill. It gets so melty and ooey gooey. And JUST when you think it can’t get any possibly better with the ooey gooey cheese on top comes the avocado, tomato, and basil.
My mouth was watering making this to top off the chicken. It provides a fresh and delicious element to the top. It also makes it vibrant and delicious and such a pretty presentation. My family couldn’t wait to devour it!
I am telling you. This was one of the best things that I have ever thrown on the grill. I already can’t wait to make it again. The flavors came together so well and I know that this will become a family favorite at your house as well!
Prep time: 1o minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Total time: 22 minutes
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 avocados, diced
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced (any tomato will work)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add the avocado, tomato, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat. Grill the chicken on each side about 6 minutes or until cooked throughout and no longer pink. Top with mozzarella cheese and avocado, tomato basil mixture. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.