Chicken breasts aren’t the only cut sold skinless and boneless. Thighs are, too. They’re fattier than breasts, which means they’re more flavorful; plus, they’re less expensive. Put them to work in any fast weeknight preparation, starting with these spiced tacos.
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges, keeping root intact
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, coarsely crushed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed (for serving)
- Shredded cheese of your choice (for serving)
- 2 avocados, sliced (for serving)
- Cilantro sprigs, sliced radishes, and lime for wedges (for serving)
- 4 to 6 roma tomatoes, cubed
- 1- red onion, diced
- 1 lime
- Cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the tomatoes into cubes and place into a large bowl. (The cubes can be any size you’d like)
- Dice the onion and add to the bowl
- Strip,chop, and add the cilantro
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into the mix
- Stir all the ingredients together
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- Toss onion, garlic, chicken, cumin, oil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Grill onion and chicken until cooked through and lightly charred, about 4 minutes per side.
- Let chicken rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with tortillas, avocados, cheese, salsa, cilantro, radishes, and lime wedges.
April 23, 2018